Looking for a Chiropractor or Craniosacral Therapist that has a lot of experience treating children?
Dr. Kristine Baker is a 3rd generation Chiropractor with over 20 years of experience treating children as young as a few minutes old! She has a lot of experience working with babies with all kinds of health issues including developmental delays, and lip and tongue ties (including pre and post revision Chiropractic and CranioSacral Therapy). She has taken the ICPA Pediatrics Classes and Craniosacral Therapy I & II and Somatoemotional Release I.
We have worked with Newborns, Infants, and Children with a wide variety of issues including:
-Inability to Latch with Breastfeeding or Bottle Feeding
-Ineffective Latch which can include any or all of the following symptoms:
- clicking sounds during feedings
- lots of air getting into baby's tummy when they are swallowing causing gas/pain/colic symptoms
- leaking milk out of mouth during breast or bottle feedings due to poor latch seal
- lack of coordination of mouth including tongue and jaw issues, weak latch, pulling off to a shallower latch, using gums to transfer milk instead of tongue (pinching feeling for Mom while baby nurses), this is also known as trouble with the suck/swallow/breathe synchrony
- not transferring enough milk especially with longer nursing sessions, baby satisfied only for short stretches after eating and then seems hungry again, choking/overly sensitive gag reflex with nursing or bottle feeding
- Mom has cracked/bleeding/lipstick shaped/flat nipples after nursing sessions and/or significant pain with initiation or during entire nursing session
-Colic symptoms and/or excessive fussiness
-Positional Plagiocephaly and Torticollis - commonly there is a history of a lot of head pulling during delivery, or a baby position issue during delivery, usually significant misalignments in the head and neck causing the baby to have it's head stuck or have limited range of motion, often times prior to the onset of more severe symptoms, the baby will prefer turning their head to one side vs. the other while awake, asleep, or while eating
-Reflux - including silent reflux
-Difficulty Sleeping, short naps, difficulty getting comfortable for sleep, arching back, uncomfortable laying on back for sleep or diaper changes, or will quickly roll off back to avoid being on back, and prefers side or stomach sleeping, has to be held for most sleeping or naps to be comfortable
-Microcephaly, plagiocephaly, or asymmetry in head shape or expansion
If you are searching for help and have any questions about your particular situation, text or call Dr. Kristine Baker at 816-584-4670.